There are special payments available from Centrelink for people who have been affected by a disaster. If you are not currently receiving money from Centrelink you may still be eligible for Disaster Recovery Allowance or Disaster Recovery Payment.

If you are already receiving Centrelink benefits you may be eligible for Crisis Payment and Disaster Recovery Payment. You can also apply for suspension of your ‘mutual obligations’ and Centrelink debt repayments.

Apply as soon as you can as there are time limits for making claims.

If you do not agree with a decision to refuse a payment you can apply for a review. You can ask for a review over the phone, in person at a Centrelink office or online by completing the Review of Decision Form available here: https://www.humanservices.gov.au/individuals/forms/ss351

For more information contact: